Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Makin' Whoopee Union Parody

An audience member in Grand Rapids, MN inquired whether I made a recording of the union parody I did in the show (to the tune of Makin' Whoopee).  I did not record this and was unable to track down another recording, so I am including the words to the union parody as a well as a video of Dinah Washington singing the original song.

Makin' Whoopee

Here are the parody lyrics:

Into a Union
Tune: Making Whoopee
Lyrics: Glenn Plummer


Another night, another day
Of living tight from pay to pay
But here’s the reason my life ain’t easin’
Ain’t got a Union

I go to work when work is there
I never shirk, I do my share
It doesn’t matter, my wallet’s flatter
Without a Union.

Sometimes I sit and daydream
Wondering how things could be
Silly to some it may seem
But I’d like seniority

Grievance procedure when things ain’t fair
Vacation leisure, without a care.
Benefit fringes, I know it hinges
On being Union.

We need each other, hear what I say
Sisters and brothers, there’s just one way
We’ve got to realize, we’ve got to organize
Into a Union.





No comments:

Post a Comment